Wie die Überschrift bereits sagt:
GENS4ALL ist rausgekommen, Chui’s bisher geheimes Projekt!
I am proud to announce the first release of the excellent Gens emulator to the Dreamcast. Chui, Stef and I have been working on this port about a year and a lot of assembly code had been translated into C. It is been a great effort but i really think it is worth it. At last, you can see all our finest in one shot.
The project is intented to bring high quality genesis emulation to the DC, not to mention game compatibility.
At the moment, this alpha version features the following:
– Two SH4 assembly engines especially design for the DC.
* FAME: Very fast M68000 emulation core written 100% in SH-4 assembly code.
* FAZE: Z80 emulation core written 100% in SH-4 assembly code.
– Accurate Genesis VDP emulation:
* DMA transfers with accurates timings
* Window plane
* Sprite plane
* Vertical Interrupt
* Horizontal Interrupt
* All rasters effects
* Highlight/Shadow effects
* Interlaced mode
– Raw binary (.bin) and interleaved (.smd) ROM format support.
– GZip, Zip and 7-Zip compressed file format support.
– YM2612 emulation core by Stef.
– PSG emulation.
– SDL Dreamcast implementation by Chui.
– The sound is being emulated but not output yet, though.
– On-screen menu.
Finally, I would like to thank Chui and Stef for everything they have accomplished to make this a reality.
The sources and binary for the DC can be found here: